Need More Help Or Information About Mental Health?
If you (or someone you know) need help with mental illness, you can call these support services:
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
The TRISS infoline: 02 9879 2600 or 1800 985 944
- TRISS (Telephone Referral Information Support Service) is a support team made up of trained volunteers who are on hand to take your call and ready to help. The team provides emotional support as well as information about mental health on matters including intervention, symptoms, treatment, support services, referrals.
- TRISS also runs ‘Hear Friendly Voices’ outreach program offering a supportive catch up and chat at a specific time each day.
- TRISS is one of the services offered by the Schizophrenia Fellowship of NSW Inc
24/7 Any time, day or night
Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
- Caring counsellors are available to talk to you 24/7 if you are in crisis. If you feel suicidal, are experiencing domestic violence, feel you might self-harm or are mentally depressed call Lifeline for help.
Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
- If you’re in NSW, mental health professionals are available to take your call any time day or night.To help refer you and connect you with the right care.
- In an emergency call 000 or go to a hospital emergency department. You may be referred to further support, such as a mental health or drug and alcohol support service.